Seeking a Design Engineer to join our team
Do you love innovation, engineering, and design, and have a can-do attitude?
We are looking for someone with a unique blend of technical and creative skills to join our cross-functional design and development team.
The role will span a wide range of exciting projects across a number of industries from the primary sector to seed-stage startups.
We are a research-driven, innovation company. Our core focus is working with innovative New Zealand based companies, helping them to succeed on a global stage. Our team works in design, engineering, product and programme management, brand, marketing and graphics through to commercialisation and business development.
As a key member of our team, you will have a direct hand in research of both a customer and technical nature, creating new solutions and designing and developing them through to market entry, along with the management of the programmes.
Our team is based in the beautiful Bay of Plenty, working in our design studio that sits in the heart of Tauranga CBD.
The four key areas of our business are:
- Ventures: Investing in and incubating disruptive startups through to commercial success.
- Product Development: the research, development and management of products and innovation programs for clients and partners.
- Innovation Consulting: Audit and advisory, capability development, training on innovation.
- Open Acts: Education, empowerment and advocacy on innovation, design and sustainability.
Skills & Experience
You will ideally have 5+ years experience in multifaceted product development projects. You’ll have seen the whole development process through to manufacturing and be comfortable managing projects that are subject to change and evolution over their lifespan.
You should have strong analytical skills that are balanced by a creative streak and the ability to understand difficult concepts and express them simply.
- Advanced Skills in Solidworks and/or other mainstream CAD tools;
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Project and experience with Sharepoint are an advantage;
- Advanced Skills in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint;
- Strong Report Writing and Communication Skills;
- Competency in Adobe CS tools a real advantage.
View the job and apply online: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/36391186